The Wandell Early Learning Center provides a dynamic learning experience that helps pre-kindergarten age children to make a smooth and successful transition into school. ELC students are encouraged to be creative, to make responsible decisions and to interact socially. Housed at East Side Elementary School, the ELC educates 80 students, and has one director with four teachers in its staff. The program has grown and developed since its creation in 1974, thanks to the commitment of staff, successful acquisition of grant monies and the desire of parents to see their children succeed. To contact the ELC, call 423-547-8035.
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
WELC - 423-547-8035
Director - 423-547-8000 X 8227
800 Siam Road
Elizabethton, TN 37643
2018-19 school year registration will be held on Friday, April 13 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (with a break for lunch from 11:30 - 12:30) at East Side Elementary School. Placement in the ELC is based on income eligibility, and priority is also given to students with special needs and students of faculty and staff.
Parents of new students shall provide the school with:
- PARENTAL PHOTO IDENTIFICATION - parent/guardian information must match birth certificate/legal documentation. State law requires registration process be completed by the parent/legal guardian
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE - the mother’s copy is not acceptable.
- LEGAL DOCUMENTATION - If divorced (or legally separated) legal documentation must be provided to the school for custody requirements.
- IMMUNIZATION CARD – Official TN Dept. of Heath Certificate of Immunization Record Form
- CURRENT PHYSICAL - a physical given between 8/10/16 - 8/10/17.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (OPTIONAL)
- MEDICAL ALERTS – Any information you wish to share that will help us serve your child better.
- PERMANENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS WITH (2) PROOFS OF RESIDENCE.
- PROOF OF INCOME - either a tax return from the previous year or (2) recent pay stubs.
The mission of the Elizabethton City Schools Early Learning Center is to continue to visibly provide an exemplary, developmentally appropriate, inclusive learning environment that effectively changes the lives of all four-to-five-year-old children in the City of Elizabethton through meaningful learning activities. It will also be a mentor site for pre-service early childhood educators throughout the region.
423-547-8000 X 8227