Elizabethton High School 2001-2005
East Tennessee State University 2005-2009
Bachelors of Music- Music Education
Union College 2009-2011
Masters in School Leadership & Administration
2009-2010 Music Teacher at Vance Middle Shool, Bristol TN
2010-Present Music Teacher at Harold McCormick Elementary and Early Learning Center
This is my ninth year teaching music at Harold McCormick. My musical background includes an education in vocal and keyboard (piano) education. Before becoming a mother, I taught private piano lessons. I also help with the music ministry at my church! I believe music is a very important part of a child's education. Each child in each classroom will be given opportunites to sing, dance, play instruments, and eventually learn to read music! I believe every student is a musician, and I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to teach your child!
For Students...10 Questions so you can get to know me
1. What is my favorite color? Green
2. Do I have any pets? Yes! A husky named Harmony.
3. Am I married? Yes! My husband's name is Jarread. He is a firefighter!
4. Do I have any children? Yes! Two cute little girls, Eliza and Ellie.
5. What is my favorite instrument? Piano
6. Where am I from? Elizabethton! Go Cyclones!
7. What is my favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
8. What is my favorite football team? Vols!
9. Who is my favorite composer? Johann Sebastian Bach
10. If I had a super power, what would it be? To be able to fly!!!