Textbooks are selected annually by a textbook adoption committee. The adoption schedule dictates which courses are eligible for textbook adoption.
Textbook adoption means the book has been approved. It does not guarantee the book will be purchased. For more information about the textbook adoption process, please visit the Tennessee Department of Education webpage.
Should any parent/citizen wish to view textbook materials being considered for adoption, please contact the principal at any school in the system. He/she will arrange for a time and location for viewing those materials. To view the Certification of Adoption for 2017, click here.
- 2019-2020: ELA; Alternative Academic Instructional Materials; CTE: Law, Public Safety, Corrections, Security; Government & Public Administration; Hospitality & Tourism
- 2020-2021: Math; Personal Finance
In 2017, the committee reviewed Career and Technical Education texts.Two books were approved that were not on the state adoption list, and this is because they are classes offered uniquely at Elizabethton High School. These texts are Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants: 9th Edition.
Reports of Local Adoption of Textbooks
- Microsoft Office 2013: Illustrated Introduction, First Course
- Microsoft Office 2013: Introductory
- Century 21 Jr. Computer Applications with Keyboarding 3rd Edition
- Century 21 Jr. Computer Application with Keyboarding 10th Edition
- Computers: Understanding Comprehensive