Parents of rising 6th graders, if you couldn't make it to 5th Grade Night or you wanted to review some of the topics we discussed, please check out the presentation here. You can either download it or scroll down.
TAD Keys to Success
- Treat your fellow student the same way you want to be treated!
- Students get involved in a TAD extracurricular activities
- Parents be involved in your child’s journey through TAD
- Parents be involved with your child’s cell phone activity and social media!
- Most social media issues start or escalate off school campus and further develop at school.
TAD School Hours
- TAD doors opens at 6:50AM (Auditorium Doors)
- Breakfast is 7:15-7:37AM
- First student bell rings at 7:37AM
- Late bell/1st period starts at 7:45AM
- School hours are 7:45AM-2:45PM
- At 2:50PM all students should be at the bus alley, front yard pick-up, tutoring, ESP, or their extracurricular activity
- At 3:15PM all students should be off campus (picked up or on a bus) or in tutoring , ESP, or at their extracurricular activity
- All students will have 8 class periods (6 classes) next school year
- Math and Language Arts classes will be 90 minutes each
- All other courses will be 45 minutes each
- 6th grade students will only have the choice between gym and band
- Keyboarding and TAD Life will be the other electives for 6th grade students
- RTI will replace an elective for students that test into it
Example 6th Grade Schedule
- Period 1/Language Arts 7:45 - 8:30
- Period 2/Language Arts 8:35 - 9:20
- Period 3/P.E. 9:25 - 10:10
- Period 4/World History 10:15 - 11:00
- Lunch/1st lunch 11:00 - 11:25
- Period 5/Math 11:30 - 12:15
- Period 6/Math 12:20 - 1:05
- Period 7/Science 1:10 - 1:55
- Period 8/TAD Life 2:00 - 2:45
Registration packets will be given to all students by their 5th grade teacher tomorrow
- Two proofs of residency must be attached
- Enrollment forms will be available to complete online this summer
- Parents with no access to skyward can pick up enrollment packets at the beginning of the school year
- Sign up for Skyward!
Proof of Residency Information
Acceptable proofs of residency
- Property Tax Records
- Mortgage documents or property deed
- Apartment or home lease
- Utility bills or deposits (electric, water, or gas)
Not Acceptable proofs of residency
- Cable Bill
- Home phone bills
- Cell phone bills
- Make sure you complete a free and reduced meals form (online or paper copy) if applicable
- Make cafeteria payment online at myschoolbucks.com
Tuition for Non-City Residents
- Tuition for students living outside of the city in Carter County is $400
- Tuition for students living outside of Carter County is $1,600
- Tuition can be paid monthly(Online only), by semester, and yearly at T. A. Dugger
TAD Traffic & School Safety
- School Zone Speed Limit-15mph/No use of cell phones in School Zones
- Students must use the designated crosswalks
- 7:25 am-7:37 am is the heaviest/most congested time for dropping off students (Doors open at 6:50AM)
- Be patient!!!
Attendance / Semester Exams
- Excused Absences-Students get five excused absences for the entire school year (parents must call the school for excused absences to apply)
- Bring in doctor’s/medical excuses or have them fax from your students medical office
- Call the main office if your student is out for any reason
- Attendance is very important!!!
- Three tardies to class is an absence
Everyone will take Semester Exams!
- 5 or less days missed= exams will count 5%
- 6-9 days missed=exams will count 15%
- 10 or more days missed=exams will count 25%
- Any clothing that displays inappropriate exposure, including underwear, midriffs, etc.
- Any tops without sleeves, see through or “camisole” tops
- All shorts and skirts need to reach to a student’s fingertip length., clothing with holes higher than four inches above the knee where skin is shown
- Leggings and yoga type pants are permissible with a top that appropriately covers the student
- Pajamas and bedroom slippers
- Hats, bandanas, chains, bands with spikes, as well as any other items deemed inappropriate by administrators
- Sagging and very loose, baggy pants and shorts; pants that drag the ground and can be a safety hazard
- Clothing with sexual connotations, vulgar remarks and/or images; those that promote alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products or acts of violence, including blood and gang affiliations
- Heavy coats and trench coats in class
- Piercings are to be limited to the ears only with the exception of one small stud type piercing in the nose only. (no dangling, hoops, or any other kind that may be considered a distraction or safety concern by the administrative team). No other piercings will be allowed.
- Hair styles or colors that are deemed distractive to the learning environment by the administrative team will not be allowed.
- Our current handbook is on our website (www.ecschools.net) under the About menu
- Cell phones-cell phones are to be turned off once entering the school and are to stay in the students locker (off) until the end of the school day
- No horse play!
- Do not spread unkind words about your fellow students (no gossip)
ECS Mobile App
- Parents get greater access to school news, events with new Elizabethton City Schools mobile app Apple / Google
Students must have a physical before they can participate in athletics' at T. A. Dugger. Planet High School/Arbiter Athlete—There are step-by-step directions to upload your students physical on our website under Athletics.
- Football (Touchdown Club)
- Girl's Volleyball
- Girl's Soccer
- Cross Country
- Boy's Soccer
- Guitar Club
- Student Council
- Builders Club (Key Club)
- Like a Girl
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Get involved!!!
- Check out the PTAC in the cafeteria.
- Bean Supper is T. A. Dugger’s only fundraiser for the year